Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stop Living Someone Else's Dream, Live Your Own!

With a few dozen stage performances to my credit, even before reaching the age of 16, I had always wanted to be an actor. However, being slightly better than the average in studies, I became an Engineer -- fulfilling my parent's dream.

Yes, I ended up following my parent's decision and living their dream, not my own! But, I don't blame them, because, had I been in their place, I would have done the same.

I cried, I begged, but my Mom, being a Tiger Mother, remained focused on making me an Engineer which happened to be a golden career not so long ago.

Unfortunately, very few of us get the opportunity to take a conclusive career decision at an early stage of life in accordance with our DESIRE, because, being too young, we're not considered to be efficient decision makers.

The first and foremost choice of parents is to ensure a secured future for their children. And that practical compulsion, often, takes the dream out of so many's life.

As I'm gradually digging my dream out of the grave, after 3 decades, remember, no dream is too old to be turned into reality.

If you still have that dream - the one that captured your mind and soul long ago - pulsating in a remote corner of your heart, and a DESIRE to turn it into reality -- go all out to make it happen.

Because, it's better late than never!