Thursday, October 3, 2013

Relationship: Don't Just Cut It Off, Unless Forced To!



'Wrong number!' A SMS on my mobile's screen was blinking at me . It was a reply to a few SMSs I had sent to the owner MD of a large company - an hour before - in order to find out why he was not responding to me for last couple of days.

To rule out the possibility of any communication issue, I called up his secretary who reconfirmed the number as valid. So, the SMS was as real as its content, telling me bluntly," Abhijit, you are now completely cut-off from a decade old business relationship." A relationship, that begun when he was not so big and I was not so small.

Well, why he took this extreme step I still don't know. May be some of my actions of late annoyed him; may be someone gave him some negative feedback about me.Whatever it was, he should have given me a chance to explain. Instead, he just blocked and threw me out of his professional life. So far I know, I had never done anything that could have forced him to initiate such drastic action.

It happens with most of us, I don't disagree, when we detach ourselves from some relationships - both in professional and in personal life - because we realize the uselessness of those associations, but never without a few advance warnings or giving the other party a chance to explain.

Unfortunately, most of us, when become hugely successful in life, think it wiser to detach ourselves as much as possible from all connections belonging to previous levels. Stupendous unexpected success in life creates an illusion of achievements, that forces us to ignore our original ordinary-ship and also those ordinary people who were our inseparable companion.

Moving up the ladder, much faster than others, embracing extraordinary ship, we choose to forget that not so long ago we too were ordinary people. We fail to realize, we can never sustain our current extraordinary status without being connected to our root of ordinary-ship.We never understand, sustainable success in life prospers only through the rainbow of long term relationships.

If we remain adamant, we may still remain successful and continue to prosper in life, but we would never become an effective Life Leader - leader in both professional and personal life not demanding neither commanding but earning respect from each and everyone within our area of influence!

So we must nurture every important relationship at all levels, in all domains of life, with love and care, to become a Great Life Leader! Always remember, a great 'Life Leader' never succumbs to success illusion! Never forget, a great 'Life Leader' don't just cut off a relationship unless forced to.

 "Image courtesy of [suphakit73] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net".