Friday, June 10, 2011

If I Didn't Give Up Then, I Wouldn't Let Her Now



2 years ago, someone commented against an article I published on linkedin, that if I have enough of free time -- instead of writing articles, I should focus on fishing.

Around the same time, another reader, while commenting against an article I published on HR.com, didn't even hesitate to suggest that if English is not my mother tongue I must refrain from publishing bull-shits.

And, both the comments were read by thousands of professionals from all over the world including a few from my own circle in India.

However, I didn't give up and continued; I cried for a while but didn't give up; I failed to accept a defeat. And finally, within a year, my blog became India's 3rd most popular personal blog.

The objective of this post is not to highlight what I achieved through hard-work and determination but to let you know, what I believe, that: most of us can achieve the impossible, if we really decide to.

The reason why I'm writing this article, is to inspire myself for inspiring someone, close to me, who's currently going through the same situation.

The difference between me and her, however, is, that I was my nemesis, and is -- for her too.

Yes, she is a victim of my mistakes, and I, by hook or by crook, must motivate her shine through the dark clouds of failure.

If I didn't give up then, I wouldn't let her now!

Image: Beautiful People ATX on Flickr

No comments: