Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Few Unconventional Abilities to Make you Successful



Who doesn't want to be successful in life: Be it money, or fame, or both? But, everybody wants to play it safe, keeping ego scratch-less.

Hey, that's not possible. Sooner you realize, better it is for your own benefit.

Like all of you, I too had my ups and downs and still experiencing the impact of tidal waves that sometime take us to a treasure a island or off-load to a demon's den.

However, demon's den, under any circumstances, is always the first destination. Because, for reaching the treasure island we have to fight our way through devil's workshop. And, that's pretty cool!

Let me share with you a few lessons I've learned so far, while negotiating  through a confusing journey of living a meaningful life: A few abilities that would either make it, or break it!

1. Ability to understand our own inabilities: 

Come on; not everything is everybody's cup of tea. However, very few of us realize this simple fact and keep working hard for achieving something that we don't deserve. I'm sure if you look at your daily activities, you would surely identify a few areas that give you immense pleasure and there would also be few that you perform against your wishes because you think there is no other option.

Example: I never felt comfortable helping my children in completing their school home-work.Out of emotional compulsions though, I tried a few times; however, very soon I realized that I'm perhaps making their life miserable. Hence, I decided to retreat. Fortunately, my wife, who takes immense pleasure out of such assignments - and she surely does this job hundred times better than me - ultimately took it over and made unforgettable contributions to children's success.

2. Ability to digest insults: 

If someones makes an offensive remark and you take it on face value and, you reciprocate with more than equal bitterness; sorry, in that case, you deserve to be a normal person. Go through the life stories of successful people; I'm sure, you would identify a few life-turning insulting situations that motivated them shine above the rest.

Example: I was very weak in grammar when I started blogging 3 years ago. Obviously, I had no idea about how weak I was. However, when a few people pointed it out, they did it very rudely, even suggesting that I must give up on writing and go for fishing instead. Fishing being one of my favorite hobbies, I was tempted but decided against and sat with my daughter to learn the science of grammar. Well, I fought it out to digest a publicly posted note of insult but it paid off!

3. Ability to accept mistakes: 

That's really one of the most difficult tasks, as none, fulfilling the law of nature, would happily accept a defeat. However, some people dare go against the rule and prove that taking a step backward doesn't necessary mean accepting defeat.

Example: There're so many examples in my case that I wouldn't like to point them out, rather request you to look down the memory lane and identify a few in your case and ask yourself: How many times, you dare accept yours?

Hey friends, road to success is always through a few acceptance of our inabilities, that we dare admit. Never forget, more we admit our weaknesses and improve upon -- more successful we're likely to be in life!

Image credit: XllSe95
 

No comments: