Friday, July 8, 2011

Never Forget to Help Them, Who Helped You!


One of my business associates, a senior person from corporate India, went out of the way to help me out of a situation that otherwise would have resulted into nothing less than a complete devastation of my life.

Why he did it, is beyond my understanding. Perhaps, he is of that type: Who like to help people.

Unfortunately, now he is going through a situation that he had never imagined would ever be bestowed upon him.

And I, without a second thought, told him to go ahead with his plans of getting rid of all unnecessary complexities, assuring him that I'd would always be there to extend all supports to him.

Yes, while saying so and committing, I felt better.

Why you know?

Because, the thought of standing by him, when he needs my support, perhaps justifies my own existence in terms of living a meaningful life.

Many a times in life, we receive favors from people, who're either close to us or not; however, most of the time we fail to reciprocate when situation demands.

We fail to convince ourselves, that it's not simple mathematics that define our life but something much beyond. And there we go wrong!

That's not fair!

Never, ever, forget what others have done for you; whether under compulsion or out of love, and do your best to make their life little better whenever you get an opportunity.

Remember, it's not about settling a score down but proving to yourself that you are still a human.

Image credit:  Douas on Flickr

No comments: