Sunday, August 28, 2011

Success is About Having Confidence in Self


"If my mind can conceive it, my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it." # Jesse Jackson

Yesterday, in the evening, I, along with my family members: Wife, and two daughters, went to a cinema hall for watching the movie 'Spy Kids'

Being a 3D movie, we were respectfully handed over the goggles while taking seats. However, for almost 15 minutes since the movie commenced, I couldn't make the head and tail out of what this 3D all about as far as the movie was concerned: Because, despite wearing goggles, it appeared to be nothing more than a regular 2D movie.

Frustrated and desperately looking for a solution, I took the goggle out and put it on again with upside down. Surprisingly, it started working and I was able watch the movie in 3D mode without any problem.

Immediately, I stood up and made a declaration to co-watchers of the movie requesting them to do the same. They did it, and within a minute I got flooded with tons of thanks whispered almost silently.

Later we registered a complain with the management and they assured us of replacing those faulty goggles immediately.

However, this episode has really perplexed me for the reason: Why, these people, who have been watching this movie, running for more than a week, never pointed the issue out to the management of cinema hall.

I'm sure, most of the spectators must have realized that there did exist an issue; however, none of them highlighted their grievance to the authority.

I think, what kept them from doing so is not a million dollar question pertaining to a complex psychological issue, but about their lack of confidence in self -- there by succumbing to the fear of rejection.

Remember: Success is about looking beyond the window for capturing an idea - and/or a solution - and having enough confidence in self for testing it out.

On Flickr: Image License AttributionNoncommercialShare Alike Some rights reserved by flyzipper



No comments: