Monday, October 22, 2012

Get Me Some Food!



The other day, while doing some shopping, along with my family members, when a poor fellow asked me for some donation, I said, 'I wouldn't give you cash, what else you want?'

He looked at me and said, 'Sir, get me some food.'

I, then, took him to a near by Dhaba and bought a few rotis and sabji for him, and handed the same over.

He, with the packet in hand, started moving away quickly.

Perplexed, I asked him, 'why don't you eat your food here?' '

'My children first, Sir!' He replied and vanished, without waiting for my response.

Tears came to my eyes and I regretted not buying him another packet.

It cost me just 30 rupees, but, for him, it appeared to be another chance of seeing the smiling face of his hungry children.

Image courtesy:  FreeDigitalPhotos.net