Thursday, August 9, 2012

Power of Relationship: How My Dad Achieved the Impossible



It was truly an amazing incident that happened more than 2 decades ago: My Father, who was terminally ill with no chance of survival, recovered completely.

How it happened was perhaps more amazing: On the advice of her religious Guru, my Mother decided to give up on her most favorite fruit forever.

There is no scientific explanation linking my Mother's sacrifice to Dad's unexpected recovery from a terminal disease. But it worked, and in a hopeless situation, when medical science had no cure as such.

If at all there was a connection between the two, what must have happened and how, is what a billion dollar question. Should we call it the power of faith, or it was just a coincidence? I don't know! But, since then I have come across a few more similar stories.

With my limited knowledge, the most plausible explanation could be: Perhaps, in a very unique situation, my Mother's determination to save her husband linked up with Dad's confidence strengthening his desire to survive and reinforced his mental strength, catalyzing the release of some life saving chemicals in his body.

Whatever it was, but that inspiring development left a permanent impression in my mind, building up my confidence level for successfully countering life adversities.

If my Dad could achieve an impossible task through his determination and my Mother's love and care, surely, we can achieve anything in life, if we are equally determined and are blessed with the confidence of a few true and trusted relationship.

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: