Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Dark (K)Night Rises! Where is the Batman?


I am neither a writer nor a political observer, but what I have been watching for more than a year really sadden me beyond my capacity to recover completely.

The sudden demise of a great mass movement against corruption, in view of personal ambitions taking over the selfless desire to fight for a genuine cause, is perhaps one of most unfortunate incidents that I have observed in my life so far.

Is there a more worse example of how the millions of population are being emotionally blackmailed with shower of false hopes?

Duality is ingrained in humans, but so much? Why are basic moral and ethical values scarified for attaining personal gains at any cost?

Then I notice how lacs of illegal Bangladeshi migrants to Aassm massacre the lives of hundreds of locals, uprooting them from their own place that they have been inhabiting for centuries.

Is there a more frustrating example of complete administration failure in terms of providing basic security to the citizens of a country?

Modern politics, unfortunately, is more about capturing/retaining power at any cost than serving the people, but to such an extent?

Then I notice how a group of frenzied vandals go on rioting in Mumbai for several hours and take away two precious human lives, while local administration silently watch them destroying huge public and privately properties.

Is there a more pathetic example of tolerance in the name of secularism?

These are just a few of a series of demoralizing developments of late. It appears to me that everyone, in all walks of life and in all domains of authority, is concerned only about their own benefits.

Well, all I can say is: The Dark (K)Night Rises over the horizon! Where is the Batman, a selfless leader, who will bring about a complete socio-cultural change in India?

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: