Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Turn Intentional 'Act of Neglect' Into Performance Booster


Never neglect the act of neglect, by others, rather identify what made them ignore you and focus on improving over those weaknesses.

I experienced it a few times in my life and for some unknown reasons every time I tried my best to convert them into opportunity.

First time it happened when I was was in class XI. One of the seniors, who happened to be the College champion, refused to play 'Table Tennis' with me because he felt - I being new in this game - it would be a wastage of time for him and told me to handover the bat to another player.

As usual, students in the surrounding started laughing. I felt deeply hurt, even cried behind the closed doors after returning home.

Well, what followed next, is what I keep reminding myself -- motivating every bits of my soul whenever darkness engulfs my life and I feel hopeless.

I left no stone un-turned to master the game of Table Tennis, and in the next session I beat the same person in the final - then current champion - to become the new champion.

What made me act in that way, was not known to me at that time - not even now - but I assume, it was an intense desire to show myself - and also to others - that 'I can do it.' Yes, 'I can make things happen.'

The act of neglect perhaps inspired me to awaken the hidden and underutilized strength - that all us have - and I went all out to achieve the impossible.

What I, an ordinary person, could do, I'm sure all of you are much more capable of doing -- if only, you take the act of neglect as a challenge to your existence!

So, whenever someone neglects you, you must feel bad about it but positively, and go all out to prove in due course of time, that, he was right, then -- but, not anymore.

Fortunately, it's happening again, on a much bigger scale, and I'm putting my best efforts into proving: That, still, I can make things happen!

Image credit