Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mom, I'm Coming Home, Soon



At last I'm travelling to Guwahati - day after - where my ailing mother is counting her days, comforted by Dad - who's 84 years old, but active - and 3 brothers with their family members.

Two of my brothers are permanently settled there and the youngest one has travelled from Delhi - along with his wife and son - a few days ago.

Mom is in a semi-coma state, but sometime she can regain full consciousness and interacts normally.

In fact, today only I could talk to her after a long time. When I told her that I'm coming to see her, she responded in a clear voice: Son, come home, soon. I couldn't bear it any more and broke down with tears running down the cheeks.

A sad occasion though, but, after a huge gap of more than 2 decades she will be seeing all 4 sons together.

And, I'm sure, the happiness derived out of this pleasure, would extend her stay in this world by some more time -- giving us an opportunity to spend a few more memorable moments with her.

Image credit

No comments: