Sunday, April 24, 2011

Success: Be Unconventional



I sent him a sms, briefly mentioning about my company and how useful our association could be, if he gives me an oportunity to join hands.

He is the managing director of a 550 million dollar company and, by no rule, I could have expected a reply.

But something unexpected happened: I received a sms from him in the evening asking me to get in touch with his HR director.

What made him reply to my sms, I don't know, but the lesson I learned from this incident is: One should keep trying different methods for achieving an objective and, should never rule out even the most unconventional approach.

Out-of-the-box thinking is perhaps the management term for this process.



Well, what worked with him, may not, with another person, but we must keep innovating and experimenting with new ideas for making it happen in life.


Have you ever tried something unconventional, producing unexpected result? If so, please share your experience.

Image: Matt Redmond on Flickr

No comments: