Sunday, May 15, 2011

How Beautiful is Our World



Something strange happened today and I did, what I've never done before.

When I got up in the morning, after a sound sleep, suddenly an emptiness occupied my mind. When nothing could subside it I decided to move out of the house.

Not knowing what to do and where to go I boarded a bus and asked the conductor to give me a ticket for the last stop. Ignoring a strange look on his face I paid him, collected the ticket and sat down.

Bus started moving and I looked out through the window watching the world outside and felt better. Gradually, the feeling of nothingness vanished and a stream of peace started pouring in my mind.

The Tsunami of negativity that had captured my soul just an hour ago got replaced by a shower of happiness and I fell asleep. Conductor woke me up in the last stop, I got down and walked down the road until reaching anther bus stop.

Repeated the same and by the time I reached its last stop I was completely in control over self with a shield of positivity bouncing back every undesirable element of frustrations that had earlier engulfed my mind.

I think it happens with all of us, some time, when suddenly we feel helpless for no reasons and life looks like anything but a gift.

To overcome this negative feeling, the best strategy - what I discovered today - is to go all out for something unplanned and enjoy every small developments in the surroundings to realize how beautiful is our world!

Image: Nathij

No comments: