Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Toughest Lesson on Facebook



My personal experience on facebook is, most of the people would perceive you as a pessimistic personality if you keep writing -- only about your failures .

What I have noticed: Everybody wants to be projected as optimistic in life and despite their own share of failures - which is unavoidable - they would keep on talking about everything related to success only.

I didn't know about it and learned it a bit hard way, as, while posting my frustrations on facebook, I noticed that at some point of time people started commenting -- indicating that I love to keep crying over everything.

A straight blow to my never-give-up attitude, that was!

When my image of a down-to-earth and straight-from-the-heart person didn't help me either, I decided to launch a damage control program and started posting tons of motivational quotes also.

And that, quite expectedly changed the scenario projecting me a bit differently: An inspiring straight-from-the-heart person.

So, what's the difference? Just a word: Inspiring!

Well, the lesson I learned from this incident is very simple: People love to be associated with someone inspiring even if he is a failure now.

Do you know, why they think so?

Because, most of the people believe that an inspiring person with a never-give-up attitude would surely be a winner, sooner or later, and they are able to identify themselves with that individual.

I think, they are absolutely correct!

Hence, I decided to project both the sides of my personality so that people can have a clear understanding of what I actually stand for -- in totality.

Image: Sharon Pazner on Flickr

No comments: