Saturday, January 8, 2011

Watching, Painfully, My Mother Dying

Is she my mother? I asked myself, while looking at her after a gap of more than a year and half.

The most powerful personality I've ever noticed and experienced so far, without prejudice, is lying on the bed -- helpless!

Reduced to half of her original size, and suffering from Dementia, she appears to be a skeleton of her illustrious past.

I don't know what would be her future; however, I'd would try my best to make her penultimate days as painless as possible.

But, watching her helplessness, did trigger the volcanic eruption of an emotional outburst, since, without her efforts I wouldn't have been there where I stand today.

The stories of devoted mothers, from across all the living species, are the same -- not in terms of making their own life better but that of their children.

However, watching your mother dying a painful death, is perhaps the worst experience for you, as you know and admit the limitations of being the puppet of destiny.

No comments: