Thursday, October 6, 2011

Helpless Parents Fighting Against Destiny's Blow!

Both of them were sitting on the floor, outside the Emergency dept at AIIMS, New Delhi, when I met them in the morning.

And their only child, a daughter aged 22 years, still kept in ICU, after a panel of doctors at the institute operated upon her for six hours to cure a rare cardio-vascular disorder, continued fighting against the blow of destiny.

Both of them almost broke down, with tears running down their checks, the moment they saw me and my wife and we too couldn't hold it back. 

Her mother is my wife's first cousin and one of most loving characters in their whole family. Her father, a highly knowledgeable person and a school teacher, is a simple person by nature.

I'm sure, none of them would have harmed anyone in their whole life, and here, in one of the worsts situations that life can ever dump upon human: Awaiting the demise of their only child, they represent the utter helplessness of any living being against the verdict of destiny!

With a remote chance for survival, known to her even, she, before the operation begun, was consoling her mother, saying, "Mom, don't worry, nothing would happen to me and I would come back to you."

Why I don't know, but a flame of hope is still alive in my mind for the simple reason, that, destiny is not such a heartless entity that it could inflict upon these two helpless humans a life worth dying thousand times everyday.

Many people go through similar ordeals, many will, but I haven't seen such from so close so far. Even the thought of getting into their shoes, sends chills down my spine!

How come they're living with it, is what making my eyes moist -- while concluding this post. I still believe she would survive, and she must!

No comments: