Monday, October 17, 2011

How Can Time be More Precious than Life?

This thought came to my mind while watching a program on 'Discovery Channel' on 'how busy is life at Mumbai.' In fact, one of respondent went to make a statement that in Mumbai Time is more precious than Life!

Simply amazing and painful to notice, how our inability to manage time has transcended into such a destructive belief.

I think its a negative mind set, cultivating a deeply embedded belief in our amygdala, that the best way to project our success in professional life is to let others know how terribly busy we are!

Actually, if everything is going well in your department and also in the organization you are currently working for, I think there should never be a situation when you're so hard-pressed for time. Even if not, you can still find out numerous ways to reduce your inefficiencies at least.

Long ago I wrote a blog highlighting the lesson I had learned from one of my seniors at Bajaj Auto Ltd, Aurangabad, regarding effective time management. Since then I have never faced similar situation in my career so far, despite working hard for several hours a day.

Time management is not so difficult, if we know how to focus on what really matter and filter out less useful activities from our daily agenda.

I vividly remember the words of inspiration from that senior, " Abhijit, if I'm able to manage sitting idle for several hours day while managing such a big show, how can you fall short of time?"

It's high time to look for a solution that would save your time, which, in turn, you invest in your personal life for making some useful contributions to the welfare of your near and dear ones.

A simple Google search with key words 'Time Management' would pop up numerous article on your computer screen; read a few with attention, understand the concept, try them out sincerely, and then notice the difference.

Time is more precious than life, is perhaps the most stupid statement I have ever come across in my life.

Always remember, under any circumstances, nothing, absolutely nothing is more precious than life!

No comments: