Thursday, October 27, 2011

How to Raise Happiness Index in Relationship Management

I have two different yardsticks for measuring the impacts of Motion picture on me and I always try my best to apply one at a time and only to the relevant entity.

One category is, what gives me food for thought; the other is, that takes thoughts out of my mind while watching the movie. But the problem arises when I use it wrongly. Like, looking for pure entertainment from a movie which is meant to be thought-provoking.

It happens with all of us, and in every domain of life, in terms of wrongly placing the loads of expectations on others. Invariably this mismatch creates some unhappiness in our life and without realising the reason behind we keep blaming others for no fault of theirs.

I think the root cause of major unhappiness is this mismatch between expectation and achievement: Both from self and from others within our area of influence.

Interestingly what we expect from self and get in return is still manageable with a self improvement drive. However, what we get in return from others is beyond our complete control.

In this scenario, the best method to avoid relationship bitterness is to assess and practically define our expectation from each and every association -- keeping it as minimum as possible.

Having gone through several tidal waves of relationship conflicts so far, now I know better than ever, what to expect from whom, and that has made my life little more peaceful and raised my happiness index considerably.

I'm sure most of you must have surfed through such relationship Tsunamis in your life and designed your own unique ways to counter them as well. If so, please share your experience with others readers to make their life little better than ever.

No comments: