Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Makes Us Interesting to Others?

My wife went on a laughing spree when I shared with her that a few people I had recently interacted were kind enough to call me an interesting person. Least expected though, but highly motivating for someone who's struggling hard for basic survival. Isn't it?

However, knowing the fact that I've never been called an interesting personality before neither I ever believed me to be so, how, suddenly,  I turned out to be one? Good question that certainly deserves an appropriate answer!

I'm sure, it has something to do with the quality of conversation that I had with them? May be they noticed a caring voice, or may be something I said that they could easily connect to. But the fact is: A positive attitude was noticed, and appreciated.

If so, then how come, all of a sudden, I turned out to be so caring? What's that, that brought about this sudden change in me: An infamously arrogant person?

 The answer is: A series of unexpected failures that completely ripped apart my arrogance, making me realize that there's nothing special about me and I'm an ordinary person like a few billions all over the world. A life changing experience.

My suggestions to all highly successful professionals would be: Be grouted to the earth irrespective of your degree of achievements so far and treat others with respect, if you really don't want to experience the pains that I had and remain interesting to others through-out your life!

No comments: