Friday, April 6, 2012

Why Didn't They Give Me A Single Chance to Explain?


A year ago, when the MD of a growing company - whom I serviced for more than 8 years - sacked me from the association of identifying senior level candidates for his organization without any warning, it was a painful surprise for me because I'd never expected it to happen at all -- and in such a ruthless way.

A few months ago, when a wonderful person I met on facebook and with whom I got much closer than even my real-life friends - and shared a few secrets that I had never disclosed to anyone so far - abandoned me like removing a fly from the milk-pot, I was completely shaken because it was truly unbelievable.

A few days ago, when a professional from corporate India whom I know for several years - and used to treat as friend, philosopher and guide - called me up to fire ins and out over not a so serious professional dispute, I got completely frustrated over such unexpected action.

These three incidents, occurring over a period of slightly more than a year, left me completely confused as to what I could have done to avoid such sudden and unexpected relationship break-ups.

I still don't have a convincing answer, explaining, in part at least, the root-cause of these relationship fall out. However, what baffles me is a simple thought: Is a relationship, which is developed over a long period of close interactions, actually, so fragile, that it can't survive a single bullet of misunderstanding?

Even if I take the whole responsibility on my own shoulders and give them a clean chit, I still wonder, why didn't they give me another chance, to explain, and just vanished from my life as if they have never existed in the first place.

Image: Idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net