Thursday, April 5, 2012

Why I Sacrificed the Virtual Self!


Sorry friends, for changing my blog's address. Frankly speaking, the reason is very simple: I don't have a credit card any longer, required to renew the domain through U.S. based domain provider GoDaddy.

So, I shifted this blog to another domain, that I had purchased from a local service provider a few months ago with cash.

You must be wondering, why did I get rid of my credit cards?

Right?

Well, that's a different story, and interesting as well, which I would share with you later.

Surprisingly, without credit cards, my life has not come to a grinding halt. In fact, you'd be surprised to know that I have long ago surrendered my debit cards also.

It was really difficult for me, initially, to live, peacefully, without those plastic cards. You know, how difficult it is to get rid of bad habits!

Practically, living without plastic cards is no different than having no mobile phone at your disposal. Just imagine the situation, to realize how painful is that.

But sometime, in life, we have to take some very very tough decisions and honor them at any cost. That's exactly what I did, and successfully. I'd never use, either debit or credit card, in my life, and that's an irreversible decision.

However, look at the price I had to pay for sticking to my decision: The URL abhijitkar.com -- that used to represent me in virtual life, similar to what is Abhijit Kar in real life. Right?

To honor my decision of not using any plastic card, I didn't hesitate, even for a moment, to sacrifice my virtual address that I had established and watered through years of hard work and dedication (since Nov 2008).

Why? Because I believe and live a simple principle: The decision once taken must be honored, no matter what's the price.

It doesn't mean that I'd succeed all the time, but, you tell me, shouldn't we try to implement some life changing initiatives in our event-less life to make it worth living and memorable?

Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: