Monday, September 12, 2011

Genuine Relationships are Precious, Don't Just Lose Them for Nothing

Relationship break-up is as bad as losing a part of our body. We learn to live without it, but can never win over a sense of loss.

Similarly, losing trust, either way, is yet another blow to our existence. We never stop trusting people, but with an element of doubt hovering all the time.

When at the receiving end, we wonder, why that happened to us; we try to understand, what made the other person act in that way.

Obviously, we assume that we were not at fault, and it's the other person who's entirely responsible for it.

But trust me, it's never like that, most of the time.

Looking deeper into some of these breakup and loss of trusts within my area of influence, I have found out that nothing happens overnight, and never is only one party fully responsible for such tragedy.

Evolutionary compulsion to automatically think that we are always right and also our inability to tame our ego down, are the two reasons primarily responsible most of the relationship fall out.

I still remember what my father once told me, when I was in early teen:

"Son, if someone you like doesn't like you anymore, there must be something in you that he is unable tolerate. Find out what's that, and check out if it makes sense to change it to his liking. Once developed, try your best to make every genuine relationship work. Give it all the lifelines that it deserves, before finally retreating out."

Yes, like most of you, I too have lost a few important associations, but believe me, I, taming my ego down to ground zero, tried my best to salvage them and could do so in a few cases.

However, when the misunderstanding turns out to be a pre-planned assault by the other party, we should never waste time in cutting it off permanently from our life.

But, before doing so, we must doubly confirm that our assessment of other party's intention is foolproof.

Let us try our best to salvage every fall out, because, in most of the cases, the reason happens to be a silly misunderstanding between individuals under the influence of inflated egos.

Every genuine relationship is precious and, being a part of a long chain, are an integral part of our existence. Losing even one, may never make our life same again.

No comments: