Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Failed Once, So I Would be Successful Now!

A small business owner, competing against major players from the industry, begged a huge contract from a large organization for setting up a new line of expansion.

You know how?

At the penultimate stage of their presentation to board members, chairman of the company asked: why do you think that you're the most capable contender for this project?

After a series of impacting justifications from the reputed companies, this small business owner, when his turn came, confidently expressed in a few sentences why he considered himself as the right person for this job.

"Sir, I recently screwed up my own venture which was quite similar to this. Yes, I proved to be a failure, but now I know why I had failed and confident of avoiding those decisions and actions that might have jeopardized that venture," he said. "Since I was a failure then, I'm confident of achieving the success now."

Immediately, the Chairman stood up and declared the contract in his favor.

This is my own version of a true story I read on a blog, but don't remember the name now!.

I could easily relate to the morale of this story since I'm also moving along the same path and struggling hard to learn from past failures for re-building my future. I'm sure, some of you too are going through  the same course of events in life, may be in other domains.

So let's gain a lesson from this story and make up our mind for learning from our past mistakes and focus on the daunting task of turning our failure into success.

No comments: