Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quitting is not Giving Up!

It's amazing to notice a dramatic change in my life priorities, including career. Having spent more than a decade in pursuing entrepreneurship, with more than expected success until Sept 2008, now I'm thinking of quitting. Yes, I'm seriously thinking about going back to job!

And for that, I have already requested a few senior professionals from corporate India to drop my name to a few prospective employers: Global Executive Search Firms.

Despite being confident about my abilities, I know how difficult it is to get a good break in those MNC Search Firms. But I must try, and keep trying.

Does leaving entrepreneurship mean I'm giving up on a mission which used to be my dream project until now? It may appear so, but it is not. Because I must look into a complex chain of gains and loses while deciding about my future course of action, as far as professional life is concerned.

I tried to succeed, and several times. But failed to attain the level of success that I had initially planned. No regrets!

Surely, current situation would have been entirely different had recession not fallen on us in 2008. But there's no point in regretting about the past, rather it's better to accept the fact and move on.

And that's what I'm doing now: Moving on with another dream.

I think it's important to be realistic and practical about dreaming even. There is no point in dreaming about a dream that can come true only in dream!

Isn't it better to quit in time, than getting ruined forever! Isn't it better to forget an impractical dream, and pick up an achievable one? Isn't it better to dream, standing firmly on the ground? Yes, it is!

So quitting doesn't mean giving up, in fact it marks the beginning of a new beginning!

No comments: