Sunday, February 19, 2012

Can You Give Me the God's Mobile No?


What an interesting meeting it was: A well-planned business presentation to a senior leader from corporate India.

With just 15 minutes allotted to me for making an impression, I was thinking and acting like a 'Bullet Train,' speeding up without applying brakes at any point, competing with the clock, and trying to highlight what normally would have taken at least half-an-hour.

Tea was served in-between but I politely refused, hoping to save a few precious minutes and continued with my supersonic presentation. Just a few seconds before the bell rang in my amygdala, indicating that the time was over, I uttered the concluding message.

Relaxed, I thanked Almighty for helping me successfully run ahead of the ticking clock and looked at the face of my prospect.

He was cool and composed -- expressionless! Slightly confused, I asked him, if he had liked my presentation and also about the possibility of a business relationship in near future.

'God knows,' came the answer and in a reflex I very politely asked him, "would you mind sharing God's mobile no with me so that I can follow-up with him later?"

Expecting a loud laugh, I looked at him, but nothing of that sort happened and a stunning silence surrounded us. A few seconds later he replied, " Oh, you are joking?" Helpless, I had to admit that I was joking and said bye to him -- forever!

No comments: