Monday, February 27, 2012

My Experiment with Self-Commitment!


People make all sorts of commitments: New year resolution, promising in the name of God or even in the name of some one they love and care for, to get rid of bad and unhealthy habits like smoking and/or alcohol.

But most of the time they remain unsuccessful. Because, they never commit to self. I have realized over a period of time, that no improvement can ever happen unless we make a genuine commitment to our true self.

Committing to self means, challenging your true-self for achieving an impossible target. And that, in a way, wakes up the sleeping giant of enormous power and strengths that all humans have inside. Once that source of neural nuclear energy is activated and charged up to be put into action, achieving the impossibles appears a child's play.

Right now, I'm experimenting with this formula to bring about certain changes in my current lifestyle. And I do it by talking to self. I go to an isolated area where none can watch me and start talking to self, as if I'm throwing a verbal challenge to a rival in the game.

I keep telling my true self: "come on, prove that you're an achiever by acomplishing this task; come on, prove that you're not an idiot by showing the world that you're not an idiot; come on, show them that you're not what they think about you; come on, prove to yourself that you have the ability to achieve the impossible."

Just a few days into this experiment I don't really know what would be the outcome, but, to tell you frankly, I'm already noticing a positive  incremental change in my attitude and corresponding actions. Let's hope for a successful mission, and I promise to let you know the results in course of time.

So, for every tough and difficult target, try to tap that huge source of power within you by throwing a challenge at your own self. I'm sure, it would make your task much simpler.

Join Our Group "Leadership And Networking On LinkedIn

No comments: