Saturday, March 17, 2012

Destiny's Torture: A Faint Rainbow of Hope in the Horizon!


"Hi Abhijit!" Sandip's voice was sounding very positive when I responded to his call on my cellphone yesterday night.

He had called up after a gap of more than a week. Today only, I was thinking to get in touch with him. However, I knew that he must be busy in his crusade against destiny's torture and wasn't very keen to interrupt. In fact, I wanted him to call me, as and when he is mentally prepared to share the latest developments.

"Hi Sandip," I replied. "Long time, dear. How is life?"

"Slightly better, Abhijit. Something unexpected had happened, a day after our last conversation." Sandip said.

"Great, tell me what's that." I was a bit excited, anticipating some positive development in his life.

"One of those 4 dead deals, I mentioned about during our last conversation, has been reactivated, and that has brought in some real hopes for making a turn around in near future." Sandip revealed the news, and that really made me so happy.

At last, there is some positive development in his life. A week ago, when we talked last, Sandip appeared to have almost given up with all the doors of survival almost closed on him. Frankly speaking, I was a bit scared and was praying to God that he, out of frustration, wouldn't take any destructive action. You know, what I mean!

"Abhijit, I don't know how, but, somewhere, inside my mind, something has drastically changed," Sandip continued. "A continuous flow of positive energy is burning down every negative thought, raising their ugly heads -- trying to demoralize me."  Yes, I could clearly make out a positive change in Sandip's attitude from the excitement in his voice.

To me, it appeared, as if he had managed to cross over the most difficult barrier in life that stand between success and failure. Then, when he said, "Abhijit, I have to make it happen again, even though I don't have the resources to make both the ends meet for next 30 days," I got convinced, that, Sandip had successfully negotiated through the biggest hurdle against being alive: Maintaining an optimum level of self esteem while facing the worst in life.

Most people, who give up in a similar situation, do so, not because they lack the fighting abilities but they fail to digest a fatal blow to their pride. They lose self-respect and ultimately succumb to destiny's torture.

It was good to notice that Sandip has won over it. I'm sure, now, equipped with a huge positive attitude, he would definitely turn the wheel around and make it happen -- again!

Join Our Group "Leadership And Networking On LinkedIn

No comments: