Thursday, March 29, 2012

Destiny's Torture: The Inevitable Success!


I have not received any call from Sandip for more than a week. Nothing wrong, I assume. He must be busy; however, in view of the situation that he is in, I'm getting a bit worried now.

Should I call him up? But, long ago I made a promise to myself that I should always wait for him to call me. There was no specific reason: Just to allow him to be mentally ready for sharing his life developments with me.

I hope, he is doing better. I can only pray to God for making his life a little peaceful, as he has been ruthlessly cornered from all fronts by a merciless destiny -- almost beyond survival.

His life story, what he has told me so far - that I have shared with you also - may not represent the typical life story of common salaried persons, but it surely reveals: The risks and pains associated with an entrepreneur's life!

Who doesn't want to be an entrepreneur, but most of us dare not venture out into that unknown territory of risk and uncertainties. The primary reason is safety and security of our near and dear ones.

Embracing a stable and risk free life is a lesson which is deeply ingrained in our belief system. Right from childhood, up until the beginning of our career, we have always been taught from all possible sources to grab a secured job that would keep pumping in a good amount of money every month.

We have been taught to play it safe in life and, unfortunately, that lesson, right or wrong I don't know, must have buried a few million entrepreneurial dreams.

While going through the story of Sandip's unbelievable struggle for survival, most of you, I am sure, must have been blaming him for quitting a secured job. You must be making him responsible for all his troubles. Am I right?

And with this, despite being sympathetic to him, somewhere in a remote corner of your heart you start digging the last nail in the coffin of your entrepreneurial dream, taking a deep breathe of relief, thanking God, that you didn't get into fulfilling that ambition, otherwise, who knows, you too could have been in his place.

Don't do that.

You need not do, what Sandeep is doing: Unlike him, if your venture fail to make it big and you don't intend to pursue your entrepreneurial dream any more, you can very well go back to the job and lead a stable and secured life.

Sandip too, could have easily gone back to a job, but, as I have already told you earlier, he would never do it because he is so different than most of us.

His inability to accept a defeat, and give up on making it happen again, may be interpreted differently by different people.

I also don't know, if he is doing the right thing or not. But, what I know is, he has grown beyond the scope of living a common man's life: either way!

I also know, sooner or later, the dark clouds of extreme sufferings would clear off from the sky of his life and a sunny day of success would embrace him with equally rewarding achievements.

No comments: