Friday, March 9, 2012

Destiny's Torture: Yet another Blow to A Struggling Soul!


Yet another blow, from ruthless destiny, to my friend Sandip. That too, when, he is fighting against the mother of all battles in terms of making both the ends meet and remain alive.

Sandip just called up, and shared with me, what, in my opinion, could easily prove fatal to any soul on this planet, when, she or he, struggling to remain alive, watches giant waves of Tsunami looming large on the horizon above the sea.

Surprisingly, I found Sandip much better, much more composed, than what I had expected out of him. It seems, he has learned the art of riding a perfect storm.

Yes, Sandip, my friend, has just lost a close friend - who happens to be closest to his heart - to a competitor in the game of relationship management. Because, the other person put a condition that, that friend has to keep his relationship with either of them -- not both.

Or, may be, he has lost his one-sided friendship to someone, to whom his friend is actually much more closer than him.

After hearing his complete story, I feel that he has lost a relationship that perhaps never existed in reality! But, how many of us live in reality?

Let me tell you the story, in short, what Sandip has just shared with me:

I, as a third friend, entered the space shared by two close friends, a year ago. One accepted me happily, but the other one was not as happy -- which he never expressed in the beginning!

When, over a period of time, I started getting more and more friendly with his friend, the dominant male, in that relationship, sensing the danger of losing his importance, threatened his friend to drive me out of their territory.

Dominated male, a great soul, despite surrendering to his friend's domination for whatever reason it may be, was finding it difficult to cut-it-off completely with me.

However, I, realizing his dilemma, decided to relieve him free from all emotional compulsions by disconnecting from him and writing the following mail:
"I have discontinued my relationship you, to make your other relationship with the other person work better. Also, to help you remain truthful to him that I'm really out of your life. However, on the other side, I have befriended you more than ever before.

Tell him that I, not you, took the first step. Angry, externally, he may appear to you, but internally he would be happy to achieve the objective of getting me out of your life -- bringing you more closer to him.
In fact, while receiving you mail, I was just thinking about destiny's latest and perhaps one of the worst - psychologically - blows.

It's okay. I am getting used to it now.

Pains, beyond a certain point, simply vanishes, because, system gets overloaded and refuges to accept further input. And, that's what is called saturation point. Yes, with great difficulties, I have achieved that milestone. Most of the people normally give up at this point and succumb to lethal frustrations,  but I won't!  

Donald Trump's book, that I have been reading now, has really helped to work out person-specific strategy in handling people.

You have been better than the best for me, so I'd do anything for you whenever you need me. However, for the people who have been worse than the worst for me, I wouldn't forgive them and look for an opportunity to make it even.

I will always forgive the good souls, even after decades, but, never the bad ones, until death!

Keep in touch, dear." 
I don't know if I have taken the right step to resolve this issue. However, what I know, is, that my friend, who's the victim of this triangular relationship, would surely have a peaceful time. And that's exactly what I wanted to achieve.

I strongly believe that true love and care is all about making others happy and peaceful -- never making their life miserable -- concluding, conclusively and confidently, Sandip said good night to me, making me wonder about his capacity to digest what's conventionally indigestible!

Join Our Group "Leadership And Networking On LinkedIn

No comments: