Thursday, March 8, 2012

Destiny's Torture: Make Friendship with Wrong and Irreversible Choices!


Today is Holi and obviously a holiday. I was watching TV when my mobile phone came into life. Seeing 'Sandip calling,' flashing on the screen, I immediately picked it up.

"Hi Sandip, happy holi," I said. "How was it for you, dear?"

Silenced prevailed over the other side for a few seconds and then, Sandip came in, "no holi this time, Abhijit."

Something wrong, I thought, but decided to wait and watch so that he himself comes out with what's bothering him.

"Holi is no longer what it used to be during our childhood," I said, trying to cheer him up. "Now, in urban areas, holi has become a matter of completing the formalities."

While talking to him, my mind has already traveled back by a few decades, remembering, how, I, along with family members and friends, used to celebrate Holi.

Preparations would start at least a week in advance, chalking out various winning strategies for out-performing other groups in our locality. There used to be so much excitement in the air, and the day before holi it was impossible to sleep well with mind guessing over tomorrow's developments.

"Abhijit, are you there?" Sandip's voice over mobile phone brought me back to the present.

"Yes I'm, Sandip," I said. "Remembering those golden memories of childhood days."

"How wonderful it would have been, if we had the power to go back to the past and start it all over again." Sandip sounded so lonely and continued, "and make appropriate corrections while making some of the choices, which appear to be blunders now."

Yes, Sandip is absolutely correct. Though we keep making dozens of choices through out our life and live them with either happiness or regrets, there happen to be a few critical decisions, that, once wrongly taken, have the potential to completely ruin the life of an individual.

I'm sure, that's exactly what Sandip wanted to convey to me through his last statement before discontenting the phone. He seems to be heavily regretting over a - or a few - choices that he had made long ago, and that's been immensely bothering him now.

A bell started ringing in my head, warning me to probe further and help him come in terms with those irreversible choices.

Yes, not all the choices are reversible. Some of the choices, which we had made long ago, remain there, always, with us, as our shadow, and we have no option but to live them and their consequences until death.

It requires a huge mental strength to understand and make friendship with those dark choices -- sort of living with the enemies and transforming them into friends. And one can do it, only by making necessary corrections in the expectations out of those choices.

I must explain this principle to Sandip; I must convince him to make friendship with those wrong and irreversible choices as soon as possible.

Join Our Group "Leadership And Networking On LinkedIn

No comments: