Thursday, March 22, 2012

Destiny's Torture: Is There A Life, Beyond This Life?


"How long can you sustain a life that's being attacked from all directions? Living a life, that in no way reflects the consequences of my Karma in this life, am I gradually becoming a believer from my lifelong standing of being an atheist?" asked Sandip, while talking to me an hour ago.

Sandip continued. "Abhijit, has what we go through in our life something to do with a life beyond this? Or, everything is random as the physicists claim?"

"Does it mean, like the creation of universe, our life situations are nothing but random occurrences?" Sandip finished, expecting me to come out with a plausible answer.

"When our predecessors could not find out a rational answer to this question, they, conveniently, shifted the blame to some negative Karma in our past life. But, is it really so?" Sandip continued, poking my silence.

"I have never harmed anyone in my life, neither I have intentionally hurt anyone so far. Why the hell, then, my life has become a nightmare, Abhijit?" Sandip broke down.

At this point, I, despite completely knocked out by Sandip's emotional outbursts, had no option but to gather enough courage to respond to him.

And I did, by saying, "Sandip, my friend, I really don't know what influences the developments in life. I also don't know, if, for all of us, there was a previous life and there would be another in future. All I know is, we must live in the moment -- accepting everything, that accompanies the moment.

I told him, that, whatever the moment, where we currently stand, offers us: good or bad; best or worst, that's what the reality is. Everything else is false!

I told him, that, whatever situation you may be going through, don't blame anyone for that and just focus of improving it with every passing moment.

I told him, that, you have no right to take a leave from this world unless and until it happens naturally. Up until then, you must live, and without any complaint, whatever may be the situation.

Sandip was listening to me with no interruptions. When I finished, he said, "Abhijit, I completely agree with you brother. I would now focus on living in the moment, taking the whole responsibility of success and failure on my own shoulder, and without bothering about -- is there a life, beyond this life?"

Join Our Group "Leadership And Networking On LinkedIn

No comments: